- Married victims contributed to 70.45% of cases.
- Domestic cases were the most common for self-suspension.
- Women were the most common victims in these cases.
- The least common ligature was waist belt.
- The major age group involved was 31–40 years old contributing to 50.76%
- The least affected were children less than 10.
- No cases above the age of 60 were reported.
- The majority of the victims, 59.09% belonged to low socioeconomic class.
- Regional socioeconomic + cultural + economic state + health factors play important role in suicidal hanging — especially amongst married people.
- Relationship crises, financial worries, career issues, and work stress also contributed to the cause.
- Similar studies done in other parts of the world yielded similar results (with minor anomalies).
Please subscribe to my newsletter, which is where I’ll be posting my Comic Essays.